Please be assured that we are taking the issue of Covid-19 and the safety of our guests and staff very seriously. We have undertaken a thorough risk assessment based on current government guidance and industry advice, with this being used to develop measures aimed at protecting guests and ourselves. This is reviewed and updated on a regular basis as the situation develops, based on feedback received and the latest published advice. We are pleased to have been awarded the Visit England ‘We’re Good to Go’ Covid-19 industry standard in recognition that government and industry guidelines are being followed.
The Lugo Rock is a family run business and all operations are managed by Katie Thomas who lives on the premises (in living accommodation separated from the B&B), supported by a small team. As such, we have very close control over the arrangements put in place, with all of these being overseen and managed by a single point of responsibility.
Outlined below is summary of the procedures currently in place to mitigate the risk of Covid-19 and protect our guests and staff. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this in advance of your stay, please get in touch and Katie will be happy to discuss with you.
Guest communications and guidance
- Guidance for guests regarding the procedures and arrangements will be issued within the pre-arrival welcome email (7 days in advance of arrival). Katie is on hand to answer any questions over telephone or email.
- The specific arrangements will be outlined at check-in and any questions answered. Whilst the aim is to minimise contact between staff and guests, we feel it is important to maintain face-to-face check-in, albeit at a safe distance.
- Instructions and guidance posters will be displayed around the property at key points such as the guest entrance.
- Katie is on hand throughout your stay to provide assistance/information and can be contacted via text or phone.
- Guests will be required to confirm their planned arrival time in advance, in order that these can be separated to avoid multiple parties arriving together.
- On arrival, guests should call Katie who will arrange for the front door to be opened. A guest briefing and check-in will be provided in the reception area, at a safe distance.
- Where possible we ask that guests settle their account via online payment to minimise face to face contact. A link for this is provided in the booking confirmation and pre-arrival emails.
- On check-out, guests should leave their key in the bedroom door lock.
- Check-in and check-out times will be more strictly adhered to in order to allow a full deep clean and airing of the room between guests. Where possible we are leaving 24 hours between stays to increase time for cleaning/ventilating rooms.
Hand washing/sanitisation/FACE CoVERINGS
- We have set-up hand sanitisation stations at key points around the building for use when entering/exiting the premises.
- Toilets and bathrooms have been provided with anti-bacterial hand wash and paper towels.
- Staff are required to wash their hands at regular intervals and key points during the housekeeping process.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings when moving around the building.
- We have implemented an enhanced cleaning regime for bedrooms and communal areas focusing on sanitisation, based on current industry guidance. This includes a deep clean of bedrooms between bookings and regular cleaning of shared areas. Particular attention is placed on sanitising potential touch points such as door handles, light switches, controls etc. Staff follow a detailed checklist when completing cleaning to ensure all items are covered each time.
- Guest keys are sanitised between stays.
- Staff are required to wear gloves and face masks when cleaning rooms and communal areas.
- Disinfecting wipes are provided in key areas for use by guests.
- Our daily bedroom servicing regime is being maintained. Staff will wear appropriate protective clothing. Guests have the option to opt out of this if they do not want staff entering their room.
- Our breakfast room has been closed to minimise contact between guests. Breakfast will be provided by room service based on a reduced menu but still including continental and cooked items (the current menu will be provided to guests within the pre-arrival email).
- Guests will be required to make their breakfast choices the day before using forms provided in the bedrooms.
- To minimise contact between guests, some communal facilities will be closed or capacities reduced. These will be advised at check-in and appropriate signage displayed. The guest lounge and outside terrace remain open but numbers limited as required to maintain social distancing.
- Where practical, we have removed items from the property that have the potential to hold/spread the bacteria eg. leaflets, books etc. These will be provided via alternative means where possible such as in electronic format.
The aim of these measures is very much to protect the welfare of our guests and staff in a practical way that does not adversely impact on the enjoyment of your stay with us. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any concerns, comments or suggestions.